Friday, April 29, 2016

New and Increased respect for carpenters

I finished a day of carpentry on a Habitat for Humanity project and realized....I was profoundly tired and stiff. How on Earth do people do this day in and day out and do it well? I am not soft - I have been a soldier, a rugby player, and the like. but this was not easy and it was just one day.

Now I know why the shot and a beer places have a lot of tradesmen in them after work. Oh, and Mike Rowe is right - I know I should have more regard for those doing "Dirty Jobs"!

Also, even more respect for Jesus of Nazareth...certainly, he saved me by redeeming my sin (#1) but being a carpenter (#2) AND turning water into wine (#3)....RESPECT for that!

3 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

I worked part of one summer with a concrete company. The first day is by far the hardest. You get into a sort of rhythm, but it certainly isn't easy.

You know you never cease to amaze me with your charity and generosity. You are an example I strive to emulate.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Молодец Джон Таммес я Вами горжусь! откликнитесь на мою электронную почту у меня есть что то сказать Вам.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Я с Украины если кто то может найти мне Джона Таммеса передайте ему что я его ищю.пусть найдет меня в ФБ Валентина Закалюжная.ПОЖАЙЛОСТА.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?