Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bagram, four years later




I returned to the scene of our past triumphs and hard work a few weeks ago. I was waiting for the arrival of the Good Boy Club to take me to my temporary B-Hut. 1st Army was there to meet us instead. Base OPs is now the building of the Force Pro Company. Everything inside that represented the first six rotations has been painted over and erased. That is fine, I could still see the evidence of our hard work all over the base while we were there. We did that mission well Major John. I did find this tiled unit patch outside of the Havey Tower on the way to the Dragon DFAC.

4 Comments:

Blogger David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 04/09/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front lines.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Wow, hard to believe it's been 4 years. Nice to see the golden cross is still there. I wonder how many have walked by it and wondered if the building was once a medical facility.

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...Memories, both good and bad. Stay safe in the East, CSM Bones. - MAJTNKR

11:27 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Ah, I am sure the changes are for the better - we (and FET 17!) just made some of it possible.

Hopefully people like Kabir Ahmad, CDR CDR and others are still doing well in the area, thanks to Bagram.

Take care of yourself when you head out, OK?

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?