Friday, July 13, 2007

News of Afghanistan - The Return VI (Edition 62)


OK, its Friday and time for you-know-what. Alokozay Tea for me! Oh, and News for you:

Most people would be complain about road work. Not if you have ever driven around Kabul, however.

photo: Getty Images
"I am as mad as Hell, and I'm not going to take this any longer!"

Fighting here, there and everywhere.

Did I hear a jackass braying? I hate few people in this world - but I can all too easily say I hate Hekmatyar Gulbuddin.

Up in the air, Afghan Air Force! Well, by 2012...

UNICEF, uh, issues a statement. Take that!

Photo: Benawa
Children injured during a recent armed conflict in Helmand province lie on the floor of a local health facility

You want to know who the enemy is in Afghanistan? Look at the picture above - they are the people that do that. See this for more.

Helmand PRT might need to adjust their priorities of work. I remember in 2005 when someone suggested something similar to my commander in Parwan Province, the look he gave could have stoppeda freight train...heh.

An unfortunately accurate statement from Central Bank Governor Noorullah Delawari.

Speaking of bankers...

Food!

I'd watch the Afghan wrestlers and volleyball players, for sure.

FOLLOW UP FROM LAST WEEK:

Kabulpress.org founder explains his detention.

Go to his site here, please.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Major John!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I followed your link from Michael Yon's site. Your blog is very informative and entertaining!

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?