Friday, June 01, 2007

News From Afghanistan (Sort Of)

I don't know if this will be useful at all, but I'll try and you let me know if you want me to continue. Major John hasn't posted yet so I'm going to post some links on Afghanistan.

Here are a couple of stories about the helicopter that crashed near my old base this week in Afghanistan. This one has a nice photo, but the helicopter in the back is a Blackhawk, not a Chinook (looks like a medivac too).


This one happened in RC North. That region isn't US controlled so I know even less about up there. Maybe Major John can tell us more.


You probably want to hear about something good. Well this one shows up in several sections of the Pajhwok Afghan News and I think it could be good.


This one is good too. I'll betcha they're kicking butt in volleyball and takin' names there.


GEN Hayden says things are good, but they will take time to get better. I can tell you, whatever the CIA is doing over there, they don't like to even tell the Army so we'll just have to take his word for it. They're so sneaky that I can't figure out from this article what rank Mr. Hayden is. He is alternately referred to as LTG and GEN as well as being described as wearing four stars. I'm going to guess in his favor.


Finally, they grabbed some bad guys in Khost Provence. If the Americans question them I'm betting they'll bring them to Salerno and question them in the RIF (Regional Interrogation Facility) we built. It's a really cool place with two way glass and stuff. It was also the only place in Salerno where you could go to the bathroom without leaving the place you were (building or tent) and going to another building. Talk about luxury, you can't beat indoor plumbing with porcelain Turkish toilets.
I couldn't take any photos in there, but here is one of the guys who built it. It was taken from the inside looking out.


3 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

It's Major Thomas and the KBR Design Fairies!!!!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Prop, you do a pretty good job as a pinch-hitter.
Thanks for filling in.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Thanks. Major John has set a very high standard and I just hope I can learn from his example.

I happy to be part of the team, we're just going to have to take it one game at a time.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?