Friday, March 09, 2007

News of Afghanistan ۵۰

50?! Seems like I just started doing these little round ups of news from Afghanistan. Mind you, my focus has changed a bit over the course of that time. I am trying to let people see more than bombs. Afghanistan is a more complex story than that. Also, I just want people to see who is interested in that country - and why.

For CSM Bones and I, it has been a couple of weeks where we have been mulling over events in our old AO.

So, here we go, on with the News!

A pessimistic UN story on Afghan police.

And speaking of pessimistic UN reports, here is another.

A Kabul Commodity report.

Belgians and Brits guarding Americans and Turks - all at Kabul Intl Airport. (photo

Let 'im go.

OK, let's try that jirga thing again, shall we?

Good. Plus good. Perhaps even, Double Plus Good.

And in Afghan Ex-pat Bowling News - Tora Bora defeats Mush Mush.

Ha! (photo by RAWA)
I sure hope this works out.

As Mike Ditka once asked a reporter... "Who you crappin'?" I freely admit I would rather have this guy dead, dead, dead. But this is for the Afghans to figure out.

An olive branch and a thank you.

"Tashkur, Pakistan!"


Was Pakistan working on/with ol' Hekmatyar?

Central aid authority...hmmm?

Uh-oh time on the Iranian border.

I'm just putting this one up - because I can! It's me at the main orphanage in Charikar.


Blogger haji-o-matic said...

SO...when are you going to rotate back here????

11:52 PM  
Blogger Major John said...

My unit is "Go" in a little over a year. We don't know when or where...

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Mayor john,

I hope you are well....

I Love the pictures of you .....

Love you...

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Mark Yager said...

Major John,

I have read the Donuts' postings back into last spring with considerable interest... especially stories such as the one you described about "Solatia." We are working on a project for the Army Research Laboratory to improve cultural skills between US soldiers and indigenous populations. I would like to discuss several issues with you and obtain your insights. Would you be interested? My direct email address is:

Mark Yager, Senior Researcher

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?