Thursday, March 01, 2007

News of Afghanistan ٤٩

A bit early...but I'm busy.

Gotcha! You lousy SOB!

And now for the puritanical view of Kabul, as seen by a Pakistani who ain't too happy.

Oh, Canad(i)a(n) dollars!

Prime Minister Stephen Harper walks past Canadian and Afghan flags in Ottawa Monday, Feb. 26, 2007 following his announcement of new funding for aid in Afghanistan.
Photograph by : Canadian Press

Trees = hope

My blogfather podcasts an interview with TF Phoenix's DC. He's ILARNG, 'cause when you care to send the very best...

Iran says...."OK, a little longer." Now Pakistan, on the other hand...

It's uh-oh time in Kacha Garhi...
(photo: RAWA)

You guys, again?



"You'll get my chicken when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

My earlier thoughts on the bomb at Bagram. Related here.

Whoops. Best to stay away from that border whilst smuggling.



Buh-bye.

And in Afghan astronomy news...

An Afghan boy is being loaded on to the bed of a vehicle after a bomb blast in Farah province on Thursday, March 1, 2007. A roadside bomb in the city of Farah left three civilians dead and 48 wounded, including 10 children, officials said Thursday. (AP Photo)

Look at the above photo and caption. Remember it well - for that is what the enemy brings to Afghanistan. No improvement of life, no opportunity, no freedom, just death and suffering.

3 Comments:

Blogger maggie katzen said...

um, I thought the 41st was from Oregon.

11:36 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

COL Enyart was the 33rd BCT commander until recently. ILARNG - he took a team of ILARNG soldiers over to help bulk up TF Phoenix.

7:25 PM  
Blogger maggie katzen said...

ah, I couldn't tell from his bio. then again, I've been distracted the last few days, so I may have missed it.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?