Thursday, November 16, 2006

Ow!

"Hey, that is unpleasant..."

Got an arthrogram on my left shoulder. I will have to say, having a needle slipped into my shoulder joint to fill it up with dye was a tad uncomfortable. I will try to get my regular News of Afghanistan up tomorrow, but between this and Guard drill this weekend, not much else.

UPDATE: So this afternoon I get an EMG on the other arm... I don't know if I just left a session with Commander Burge or the Egyptian Secret Police. What is with all the needles and electrical shocks?!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flinch!

You have my sincere sympathy. Your post summons nearly forgotten memories of weekly cortisone injections into my right shoulder joint. I found that the painfulness of the procedure depended very much on the skill of the physician administering it.

Here's hoping your experience will be a one-off that leads to an accurate diagnosis and an effective, pain-controlled cure.

1:10 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Pain wasn't too bad - but what an odd and unpleasant sensation.

Weekly injections of cortisone?! OW!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

EMG? OMG! I've now had several. Had to drag the Mrs. along to #2 just show she'd see how much fun they were, why I dinna wanna play afterward.
Now when I go (she opts out) I get sympathy (at least for the rest of the day)

--Chuck

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sympathize. I have a bad knee, and I've had to have a needle stuck under the kneecap to draw out fluid.

It's as unpleasant as it sounds. I can easily imagine the shoulder.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?