Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Message to the People of Arizona and Zaphod Beeblebrox

I want to apologize on behalf of all of Chicago for stinking up your state with that performance of football last night by the Bears. I know you were trying to help us by letting us stay in the game, but we didn't have to go and not lose. To give the ball away six times, and not score an offensive touchdown, to come back from a 20-0 halftime deficit and not lose was in bad taste and I for one am truly sorry.

For Zaphod, I know you're out there in Arizona. Only the close proximity of the Heart of Gold's Infinite Improbability Drive could have accounted for the results of the game last night (especially the last non-field goal).
So Zaphod, if you see Arthur Dent tell him, from me, that he's a complete knee-biter.

BTW – Cardinals' Head Coach Denis Green had this to say:

5 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

Actually Coach Green was much more profane, and entertaining. He might just finish the year before yet another NFL owner realizes "My God, what have I done!" and fires his portly behind...

11:25 PM  
Blogger CSMBones said...

The game was brutal, but a W is a W.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

only a sick, twisted mind could pen a post that includes football AND Zaphod...have you checked the time on your digital watch lately?

1:18 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Zaphod's triumph proves the axiom that two heads are better than one.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Kelly,

I think it's time for another pan-galactic gargle blaster!

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?