Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mistake - Number 2, Well, maybe 1.5

In February 2005 we knew the 10 year drought in Afghanistan had broken. We were a bit nervous as to the possibility for floods, however. I went out and took a look at the Ghorband River (actually I was, um, in the river - the HMMWV driver thought he was following the typical Afghan "road"...). I was right to qualify my observations that nothing was wrong "yet" - but the mistake was probably in the blithe tone I took. A month later the area just north of where I was got hammered by floods. We ended up rushing everything we had to help the people in that area. So call it a mistake in style, not substance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought your predictions where right on, high water but not a problem, another month when the snows melt it could be a problem. A month later your prediction was spot on.

Dave

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?