Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day, 2006

I posted this last year. It seems relevant today too.
Happy Father's Day, anonymous father in Deh-e Hazara.

I hope you and your family are well. This morning I remembered how I had met you - on a humanitarian assistance mission to your village. I wonder if things are better in Deh-e Hazara now. It seems strange that only 6 months ago I was in your village for the first time. You, and everyone else there, were so very happy that we came. All the good people at home had sent us clothing, shoes, and especially baby gear - and your village was grateful for it. I was glad I managed to come back two more times before I left for my home. I know all of you love your children very much. Everyone was so happy to tell us that a new school was opening. I hope someday that your son will be able to write you something nice like in the card I got from mine today. Well, that's all I wanted to share. Happy Father's Day.

2 Comments:

Blogger sparrow said...

VERY nice Major John.

Happy, Happy, Happy Fathers day to you and thank you for everything you have done to make it a happy father's day for dads you have never even met.

10:44 AM  
Blogger I am Heidi's Mom. said...

Thanks for re-posting this.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?