Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bleah!

OK, so I start the day off answering a request for an interview by a major news organization with a proud "yes"( after the State Public Affairs Officer gave his the thumbs up, of course). I was also secure in the knowledge that I was going to Fort Bragg for a terrific 63 day training course.

Within two hours, the interview was called off, as the network decided to change what they were covering (I was going to be talking on immigration related matters) and my school gets pulled.

Bleah!

5 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

What about Airborne school?

Is your school pulled for good or only this year?

6:53 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

For good. They claim the National Guard should not have any 38A's. I need to get the MTOE redone as a 01A slot. Harumph!
At least the guy at the JFKSWS asked me if I wanted to go USAR, go to school, then do a tour downrange. At least he thought I was worth asking.

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's a sign that something absolutely fantastic is about to happen and you'd have missed it had you gone!!!!.... ?

I hope so.

Happy day.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Yeah, MJ listen to her. She's a very intelligent woman with great taste!

Well, I'm surprised they killed it completely dead. What are they thinking? Are we not going to be deployed? Are we not going to need CA? We know the answer to both of those is no (meaning false, oo, double negatives mess me up). So why are they setting us up to automatically outsource something we could be training with all along, or worse not allow us (you specifically) to be trained!?!

I hope this isn't too OPSEC.

I don't know if a rant by any of us will make any difference either, but it's worth a try.

10:36 AM  
Blogger sparrow said...

Yeah, MJ, listen to him, he's a "hottie".

*wink, wink*

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?