Monday, February 20, 2006

A Small Example of Blogging Helping the Army

Two e-mails I recently received have shown me that blogging is a good thing for the Army. First off, I had one from a fellow Army Major, a staff officer at a higher headquarters that was going to be responsible for a new unit, the same type as mine. He was hoping that I could share some of our procedures with them. We are fairly new, but I will share what I do have. Secondly, I got an e-mail from a Navy officer who was sending people to Afghanistan, and wanted me to talk with one of his people about some things.
How did these two manage to get the idea to contact me? They saw my blog, saw something relevant on it, and went to my profile where my e-mail link is available.
Did I say that blogging helps the Army? Maybe I should have said that blogging can help, at least in some small way, the whole military.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major John, if you don't mind answering; What one piece of advice would you give too all newbies going over there?

Second; What is the name of the water carrier you had last week? I want to google them to see if we can buy them before summer. Just in case one of our guys or gals needs one.

Thank You for all you do!!

11:10 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

"Camelback" is the water carrying sustem.

To the nondeployed before - take Smartwool socks. Sounds simple, but you'll thank me for it.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Citizen Deux said...

Major,

Your straightforward approach is what got my attention (and the fact that you seem to have a tight grip on the SA). Keep up the good work, steak dinner on me in Atlanta for your help with the LCDR.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?