Thursday, February 23, 2006

Pro-anti-war? The Starbucks Empire Drives On


My wife just called me and told me to boycott Starbucks because they refused to send coffee to soldiers in Iraq. Well, seeing as I was a work (and at a much faster connection than at home) I Googled that.

I found that the story she had heard was based on a hoax email (evidence of the power and danger of the uncontrolled internet) that has since been debunked (by the hoaxer).

I was also surprised to find that Starbucks themselves are being protested against for supporting the GWOT and for forcably exporting American culture worldwide (I guess they should put tobacco-esque warning labels on the cups: "Warning! Coffee is extremely habit forming...").

Personally, I'm boycotting Starbucks because it's too durn expensive and they can't use regular words like small, medium and large.

4 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

CSM Bones could tell you what the people at his local Starbucks did for him...

9:11 PM  
Blogger CSMBones said...

They sent me off with 30 pounds of good beans. Gotta love Green Beans, 24hr shops on base. Doppio in a combat zone.....I can only drink so much Chai with Snoop Dog..

9:58 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Tea with Abdul Satur could always yield a hot drug test too...

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got to take a moment to give kudos to MENTOS... you know the "refresh-ment". I wrote to ask where I could purchase a case (because it was getting mighty pricey to send them every week)for my ex-husband... they responded inquiring about his addy and sent him several cases. I sat at my local Starbucks and enjoyed my Grande... - ah hell, my big ol cup of joe with whole milk knowing he had fresh breath and somethin' to chew on.

God bless Starbucks.

God bless Mentos.

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?