Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Adjustable Settlement Authority

As you may (or may not) know, I work in the insurance industry. For Zurich, specifically. Today I decided to settle a lawsuit for $10,000. I thought a bit longer, and I e-mailed the lawyer working on our behalf with a proposition. I told our lawyer to propose a cage match between the other lawyer and myself - if he wins, I'll up the settlement amount by $5K, if I win, he'll have to drop his demand by $5K. Funny thing is, I haven't heard back from our lawyer. I wonder why?

UPDATE: No taker on my offer. Darn thing settled for $10K. Maybe next time...

4 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

Hope they don't learn about your propensity for injury.

It would probably change the odds considerably. I'll check with Vegas and get back to you.

10:38 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Hey, I haven't seen the plaintiff's lawyer yet I couldn't tie into a pretzel knot in two minutes. Of course, I'd have to worry that they would sneak up and clobber me over the head with a folding chair, or bring some sort of 6'8', 300lbs paralegal with them...

P.S. Simon, hmmm. Didn't you ever threaten any of your users? That's almost the same thing, right?

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you think you're giving too much personal info as of late?

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard anything yet?

;)

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?