Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bangor Greeting

This post reminded me of my unit's arrival back from Afghanistan. We landed early in the morning at Bangor, Maine. When we filed off the plane, I saw a group of people standing at the end of the hall.

33rd ASG arrives at Bangor, Maine


"You said we can use phones and get cookies?!"

It was a total surprise. They made sure we got to use the phones they had available, and got plenty of the goodies that were on hand too.
While talking with one of the gentlemen that had greeted us, he mentioned it had been a long day, but worth it. Since it was still somewhat early in the morning I asked him what he meant. He replied that they had to be there for a 3AM flight bringing some Marines back home...

1 Comments:

Anonymous mgmorris said...

Hey Sir, I was there!!!
MSG (P) Morris, 1st BCTG 3rd Bde 75th Div (CP Atterbury)
Hope y'all are well.
Hello to anyone from the gang for me.
Best,
Mike

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?