Thursday, January 19, 2006

Ancient Relic or Panjshir River Ferry Boat - You Decide

One early Winter day, I was crossing the Panjshir River - or rather, where the Panjshir River would flow once the Spring rains and snow melt off reached it's bed. I happened to see a boat for the first time since I came to Afghanistan. Upon closer examination, I wasn't sure if I should try to contact an archeologist, or maybe a maritime historian...
When I asked some local residents about the boat they told me that everyone just uses it to cross the river when it rises, and they just leave it there when it is down. Kind of a Panjshir Valley version of the Amsterdam Bicycles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?