Wednesday, December 28, 2005

An Old Promise Kept

Two and a half years ago I had told my son that I would take him to see the fishies when it was wintertime. The John G. Shedd Aquarium in Chicago was the place to go. I was alerted that Fall - and we didn't make it there. The next winter I was in Afghanistan So this year I took a little time to make sure it happened. Also, his sister could go along now, since two years ago she was only 2 years old.
The kids loved it. Their favorite part? The Penguins and the Stingrays.

I have many things that I missed while deployed - today I made up on one of them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love the beluga whale that talks to you.

6:52 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Simon, so let me get this straight. Are you suggesting that we adopt "Come for the fish, stay for the women" as some sort of US tourism motto?

All kidding aside - that is a nice story.

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Enjoy these moments.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?