Saturday, December 31, 2005

Good Ridance, 2005


For a variety of reasons, some of which I will not go into, 2005 was, in the modern parlance, Worst. Year. Evah.

However, it wasn't completely without some very interesting moments, and some good things happening. As far as this blog is concerned, all you are going to get is half a year o' highlights, since I didn't start blogging until May. Until April, I was the Instapundit's Afghanistan Correspondent.

Despite some issues I have sought help with (definite clinical depression, possible mild PTSD) I have not found myself angry very often this last year. When I was, I posted about it;

This time and this time I think are good examples.

I managed to stutter out a few deep thoughts, when provoked by others.

I wasn't always without humor either. Sometimes I could get almost poetic. Or just goofy.

I have done my best to give the reader a little insight into what happened/is happening in Afghanistan, the Army as a whole, and specific events like Katrina Relief. The Inner Prop has weathered these same events, and has added his thoughts too. If you want a better peek at what the 'Prop does, go look here.

If I have a New Year's blog-wish, it would be that all of you will hear more from Tempus42, Running Dog, Mighty Quinn and Amiga 3000. I forgive them for the light posting, in most cases - some of them have plenty of reason to call 2005 a worse year than I do. I just hope they can post more, because they are very interesting, intelligent people. So there.

I am grateful that I was able to come home to my family this year. I am also humbled that I was given an honor that I am not sure I deserved, but did share with one who did.

5 Comments:

Blogger CSMBones said...

Hang in there, we will negotiate this minefield of peacefull civilian life together. But still secretly looking for another deployment. Move to the sound of the guns!!!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will never forget your scrupulously chronicled, death-defying mission to White Castle.

3:34 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Gail,

Stop reminding me, 2005 was bad enough...heh.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome 2006! May it be an excellent year. The first of many excellent years.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Best wishes for a brighter new year.

We are all grateful for people like you who put in on the line for us.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?