Sunday, October 16, 2005

Long Suffering - Rewarded

I entered my personal baseball hell, commonly known as "being a Chicago White Sox fan", in 1977. As a kid, I just loved those guys in the ugly uniforms that played in a crappy park, had really bad afros, worse mustachioes, etc., but hit lots of home runs. In my 39 years, they haven't won ANYTHING. Now they have won the AL pennant for the first time since 1959...I cannot imagine what a World Series victory would be like. But it appears that this year is the first time in my life such thoughts are more than delusion/insanity/fantasy.

UPDATE: Oh, yeah!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Quinn said...

Oh, that's right. I forgot there was another baseball team on the Southside of Chicago. Do they play pro-ball, though? I always thought they were AAA. Bully for them, but wake me when the Cubs are in the running (I realize that may be a long, long time...)

12:39 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Cubs? Sorry, doesn't ring a bell...wait, I remember! That's the extremely large beer garden up on the North side, yes?

I do remember a Northside team that made it to the Series in 1945, when all the real men were off at war...is that them?

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Major John! Hopefully they'll beat Houston, then you'll really have something to celebrate.

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sox in the Series? - sounds weird doesn't it? Congrats! Hope they keep it up...

4:06 PM  
Blogger yardman said...

I love it. I’ve been waiting 30 years for this. I never thought I would see this day. One more win.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?