Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Gratuitous "War Chalking" Photo

Since so many sites had posts about the marking of buildings during search operations, I figure I might as well too.

I must confess that seeing these marks gave me a start. Not because of the possible morbid results of a search or such. Rather, they are too close to the markings I saw on many a mud brick wall in the northeastern corner of Afghanistan where I was stationed. Those markings denoted mine clearing efforts and their results. While I know the marks are not the same, it still is jolting to see something like them in an American city...

5 Comments:

Blogger CSMBones said...

Looks kinda like the areas I drive through to get to work....Southside!!!!

2:33 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Maybe the Latin Kings and the Gangster Disciples are engaged in SAR?

2:55 PM  
Blogger tempus42 said...

John, can you decrypt that message? Without breaking any security restrictions, of course? Just curious...

3:14 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Basically it was a general search and rescue (not a called in one or such), no one present alive, no one present deceased, and the search took place on September 10th.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GSAR - "Georgia Search and Rescue"?

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?