Monday, August 29, 2005

Gratuitous Afghanistan Photo of the Day (69)

One Friday at the Bagram bazaar I saw an odd looking thing on one of the tables. After closer examination, I saw we had a genuine Erie Chemical Company 47mm smoke grenade launcher from the 1960s. I asked where this had come from, and got a vague answer of "the Panjshir valley". The Panjshir valley has always been a heavily armed place, but this was bordering on the absurd. BTW, the launcher now is mounted on a board at the customs police office at Bagram AF...

1 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

I knew a woman who came from a long line of HR people.

She told me that she found something similar in her grandfather's attic after he died. It had an offical GM logo on it and apparently it was his job to gas striking union workers.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?