Friday, August 26, 2005

Good Bye K2

I don't have a picture of our base in Karshi-Kanibad (which we call K2). It was one of the 5 bases that our unit and our successors had to operate. From what I hear it wasn't really essential anyway.

I can't believe that the US presence was bad for the environment either.

Well, they don't want us there and we don't want to be there. Sounds like an amiable split. I'm pretty sure we didn't have a pre-nup and there weren't any kids so this should be pretty quiet.

2 Comments:

Blogger CSMBones said...

K2,Bagram, and Manas were all Soviet in the past and the last time I checked they weren't to concerned about being very green in their practices. Remember the ooze in the old class IV site. Eastern Europeans are still dealing with decades of filth from the failed workers paradise. We show up and the EPA seemes to be on the next flight in....and then its our problem

9:24 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Karshi-Khanabad is closing because we are not willing to look past the current dictator's shooting of dissidents, etc. I agree - worried about the environment around a former Soviet base? Superfund would have closed half of Bagram, AF and nobody would be allowed near Shindand, etc....

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?